Biranna Richardson and Lance Owens made a presentation about Artworking to a group of 30-35 graduate-level art students at NIU School of Art and Design yesterday. Biranna and Lance spoke on Artworking’s innovative model of employment and business development for individuals with disabilities as well as possible career choices for art students. Thanks to Billie Giese, Associate Professor, School of Art and Design, Northern Illinois University for allowing Artworking to do some knowledge transfer. Artworking is the recipient of a BPDD SPARKS Grant.
December 14, 2017
June 12, 2017
January 11, 2019
September 12, 2018
Sign up for BPDD alerts, grants, and upcoming events!
- BPDD Position Opening: Living Well project Manager
- BPDD Annual Report 2018-2019
- What’s the Word – September 2019
- Register Today for the 2019 Self-Determination Conference
- Supported Decision-Making Training: All Presentation Powerpoints
- Partners in Policymaking 2019-2020: Application Deadline Sept. 30th
What’s the Word?
Every month we plan to share some perspective on disability issues written by a self-advocate. This could be about an advocacy effort in the state or just some food for thought.