The 2023-24 Sparks grants of $500 to $5,000 are designed to:
- Give people with disabilities more social connections by participating in inclusive community activities.
- Help individuals and organizations understand how to provide more inclusive programming.
- Provide community members more opportunities to get to know someone with a disability improving overall attitudes about people with disabilities.
We are looking for groups or individuals who want to be more inclusive of people with disabilities but are not sure how to do it. Traditionally underserved groups are especially encouraged to apply. Examples include:
- Faith-based, civic and nonprofit groups
- School districts
- Municipalities or local governments such as community recreation programs
- Family groups
- Individuals or groups with strong connections to their community
Examples of what you can do with the grant.
- Make school extracurriculars accessible to students with disabilities and be intentional about inviting them to participate.
- Host a community conversation to talk about ways to meaningfully include people with disabilities in community programs. Work on an idea or tow over the next year.
- Implement innovative ways to make families with children with disabilities feel welcome in their faith community.
What can you expect from BPDD?
Grant recipient will receive ongoing coaching/technical assistance to help you get started on your project as well as throughout your project. You will also have opportunities to share your project ideas and resources with other grant recipients from around the state.
What are you committing to?
- Attend the mandatory Virtual Kickoff on September 29, 2023 from 9am to noon via Zoom. This event will focus on:
a. strategies for projects to be successful
b. sharing ideas with other projects
c. reviewing grant expectations
d. confirming contracts
- Start the project no later than October 1, 2023 and complete the work plan by September 30, 2024.
- Provide quarterly updates throughout the year.
- Submit monthly requests for reimbursements, along with required receipts for all expenses.
- Share information on the project, including any public events that are planned and photos that can be used in BPDD social media.
- Conduct targeted outreach with people of diverse identities and/or individuals who are underserved.
How do you apply?
- Complete and submit the Building Connections application packet (application, budget, and work plan).
- Application materials are due by 12:00 p.m. on September 1, 2023.
- Application materials can be submitted via email (preferred) or regular mail.
- To submit via email, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit via regular mail, please send to:
101 East Wilson St, Rm 219
Madison, WI 53703