Want to learn more about what’s in the WI state budget that impacts the disability community and how you can get involved? Participate in one of our FREE trainings held statewide (nearly 20 locations) coming up in March. BPDD in partnership with The Arc Wisconsin and Disability Rights Wisconsin will be hosting trainings statewide. Register here and share the flyer that lists ALL state locations widely with your friends!
Go to https://wi-bpdd.org/index.php/state-budget-trainings/
Here’s what you will learn:
- The State Budget process and timelines
- Overview of what’s included in the Governor’s budget
- Information on issues important to people with disabilities including: Family Care, IRIS, special education, children’s long-term supports, transportation, employment, personal care and more…
- Specific information on Medicaid Block Grants and related concerns
- Next steps for the Affordable Care Act and health care coverage for people with disabilities
- Action steps you can take
- Where to find resources, information and support for your advocacy.
Every effort is made to provide accessible training locations.