The Building Full Lives project helps service providers deliver more employment and day services in the community. Our goal is to help people with disabilities safely explore their interests, meet new people and get connected to new opportunities in the community, including jobs.
Building Full Lives services can provide people who are already working in the community with support to build new skills, stay healthy, maintain friendships, and contribute to their communities.
This project helps service providers meet the new requirements of the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings Rule and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
What Does Building Full Lives Project Do?
For people with disabilities, it…
- Generates familiarity with being in the community
- Helps them develop skills to achieve their goals
- Encourages meaningful community involvement and contribution
- Supports them to learn about and explore employment
For service providers, it’s an opportunity to…
- Get technical assistance from peers, and local and national experts on how to sustainably provide community-based services
- Access tools and resources to provide individualized supports and services
- Be a part of a learning community of organizations who are also working to expand community-based services
- Network with people who have seen the rewards of supporting people in the community but also understand the challenges
Real Life Stories
Tools for Grantees
- Resources for Service Transformation
- Recruiting, Retaining and Incentivizing Staff for Community-Based Services
- ODEP’s Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program
- Transformation Webinar Series by the Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program (June 2018)
- Transformation Manual and Webinar Series by the Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program (May 2017