Our new round of Sparks grants have been chosen are ready to get started this month! We have a nice mix of ideas, geographic location, rural vs. urban and more.
- Pine Lake Academy in Waupaca, WI will host a 3-4 day retreat for adults with and without disabilities, ages 18 to 40 to empower participants to work together for the purpose of developing leadership and advocacy skills that they will use in their community.
- Knutson Memorial Library in rural Coon Valley, WI will host 5 disability pride and accessibility events to give the community opportunities to work together.
- James Episcopal Church in Manitowoc will make their faith community more welcoming to families with people with disabilities and share those strategies with other faith communities.
- UW Extension Racine County will plan and host a youth-led community conversation to learn ideas for how to expand inclusive opportunities for youth in the community.
- The Scholl Community Impact Group will host 3 to 5 informational sessions for bus drivers, EMTs, police officers, and firefighters on how to interact with people with disabilities in Winchester, WI.
- Middle Ground Connections will match people with and without disabilities to community-based volunteer opportunities in Slinger, WI.