BPDD’s Sparks grants have a new focus! The 2021-22 Sparks grants of $500 to $5,000 are designed to:
- Give people with disabilities more social connections by participating in inclusive community activities.
- Help individuals and organizations understand how to provide more inclusive programming.
- Provide community members more opportunities to get to know someone with a disability improving overall attitudes about people with disabilities.
We are looking for groups or individuals who want to be more inclusive of people with disabilities but are not sure how to do it. Traditionally underserved groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Faith-based, civic and nonprofit groups
- School districts
- Municipalities or local governments such as community recreation programs
- Family groups
- Individuals or groups with strong connections to their community
Examples of what you can do with the grant.
- Make school extracurriculars accessible to students with disabilities and be intentional about inviting them to participate.
- Host a community conversation to talk about ways to meaningfully include people with disabilities in community programs. Work on an idea or tow over the next year.
- Implement innovative ways to make families with children with disabilities feel welcome in their faith community.
- Begin process of creating an accessible park in your community.
Applications are due Sept 10th.
Contact Jenny Neugart with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.