This year’s Employment First conference will offer a variety of sessions geared toward policy, direct service, leadership and advocacy, including sessions by state and national experts.
Registration Now Open:
Wisconsin Employment First Conference
Shared Vision, Shared Action: Bringing the Future into Focus
May 19, 2020 ● 8:00am – 4:30pm
The Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells
National speakers include Keynote Genni Sasnett, with the Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program, Office of Disability Employment Policy, US Department of Labor, who will inspire and empower us, and Carol Blessing, Director of Citizen-Centered Leadership, who will challenge our thinking about what it means to be a citizen and how to use truly person-centered services.
There will also be sessions on:
- Job coaching strategies (for professionals)
- How to work effectively with your job coach (for self-advocates)
- Interviewing tips and practice (for self-advocates)
- Information on benefits counseling (for all)
- Managing and leading through change (for professionals)
- Training and retaining staff (for professionals)
- Engaging the community and connecting to employers (for all)
- IPS (Individual Placement and Support) for people with intellectual disabilities (for all)
- Information about the HCBS Final Rule process (for professionals)
Who should attend: Service providers, direct service professionals, funders, people with disabilities, families, and others who support people with disabilities to achieve employment, make connections and contribute to the community.
If you have any questions, please contact Molly Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-266-0266.