Being selected to attend the YLF is a distinct honor that you can be very proud of. Please take the time to apply – you’ll have the time of your life!
YLF is for:
- Students who show leadership potential by being active in their school and community
- Students who have a disability (physical, learning, cognitive, emotional, sensory, etc.)
- Wisconsin residents
- Students who are currently sophomores, juniors or seniors in high school
Why Attend the Youth Leadership Forum?
- To give you a place to meet other students your age who are experiencing similar issues and concerns
- To help you increase your leadership skills so you can further your future goals and reach them
- To assist you in becoming a leader in your school and community.
If I’m interested, what do I do next?
- Complete the application (PDF) or (Word)
- Get 3 letters of recommendation that highlight your leadership skills
- Complete two essay questions
- Submit your application before April 1, 2017 (postmarked)
Please return your completed application to:
Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities
101 East Wilson Street, Rm. 219
Madison, WI 53703
Or, email your completed application to John1.Shaw@wisconsin.gov via a Microsoft Word file.