WHERE: Edgewood College, Madison
WHEN: July 8-14, 2023
APPLY BY: March 17, 2023
Become a part of the youth that lead us! This week-long forum is for high school students with disabilities who want to learn more about leadership, self-advocacy skills, and career awareness. Do you want to:
- Meet other students your age from around the state who are in similar situations?
- Increase your leadership skills so you can set and reach your goals?
- Become a leader in your school and community?
Please apply – you’ll have the time of your life! 25 students with disabilities will be chosen from around the state. We are looking for:
- Students who show leadership potential by being active in their school and community
- Students who have a disability (physical, learning, intellectual, emotional, sensory)
- Wisconsin residents
- Students who are currently sophomores, juniors or seniors
Application packet due March 17, 2023.
The YLF is looking for facilitators, counselors and counselors in training to work with 25 high school students with disabilities to learn leadership and self-advocacy skills. Dates of employment are July 8 – 14, 2023 in Madison, WI on the Edgewood College campus. We are looking for energetic and creative staff who are also willing to serve as mentors for the students.
The WI Youth Leadership Forum is looking for an enthusiastic Director to manage the week-long leadership and career awareness training for high school students with disabilities. We are looking for someone with experience working with young adults with disabilities, who is creative and can bring new ideas to the YLF. The director should have experiences with developing curriculum and demonstrated ability to assume responsibility for the overall management of the program. Outstanding candidates prioritize the safety of all participants and ensure an excellent experience for all.
If interested, submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com by February 3, 2023.