Do you have an idea to make your community a better place for people with disabilities? Organize your grassroots group and apply for funding to help make it happen! Individuals with developmental disabilities and family members may apply.
Apply by Friday, September 1, 2023. Click the button below to download the application.
The purpose of these grants is to:
- Provide people with disabilities more social connections by participating in inclusive, meaningful community activities.
- Help individuals and organizations understand how to offer and implement more inclusive programming.
- Encourage community members to get to know someone with a disability and improve overall attitudes about people with disabilities.
Examples of what you can do with the grant.
- Make school extracurriculars accessible to students with disabilities and be intentional about inviting them to participate.
- Host a community conversation to talk about ways to meaningfully include people with disabilities in community programs and then work on an idea or two over the next year.
- Implement innovative ways to make families with children with disabilities feel welcome in their faith community.
- Create inclusive recreation programs instead of separate, adaptive programs for people with disabilities.
Questions? Contact Jenny Neugart at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (608) 266-7707.