Partners in Policymaking will be a hybrid this year! Participants can choose to attend in person or virtually. Choose the option that works best for you. This workshop will train you how to advocate for policies and initiatives that support full participation and inclusion of people with developmental disabilities.
Who can participate?
- Individuals who are highly motivated to create more inclusive communities AND are:
- Parents or primary caregivers of children under the age of 21 who have developmental disabilities
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- Adult siblings or family members of individuals with developmental disabilities
- We are seeking cultural and geographic diversity within the guidelines above. The selection of participants is made by a team of parents, self‐advocates, and professionals.
Applications are Due September 30th 2022
What is the cost?
Partners is funded by BPDD and covers costs associated with the training, lodging, meals, and materials.
Dates for the Class of 2022/2023 are:
October 28 & 29, 2022 (Madison or Virtual)
December 2 & 3, 2022 (Madison or Virtual)
January 13 & 14, 2023 (Everyone will be Virtual)
February 17 & 18, 2023 (Everyone will be Virtual)
March 31 & April 1, 2023 (Madison or Virtual)
May 5 & 6, 2023 (Madison or Virtual)
Contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.266.7707.