Conference Presentation Proposal Announcement
Are you interested in presenting at the 2022 Self-Determination Conference? We are seeking session proposals for Tuesday, October 18 & Wednesday, October 19, 2022. Click the button below to fill out the online presenter application.
This year’s theme: Everyone has a story; Your voice matters will help people with disabilities lead more Self-Determined lives by recognizing the valued role communities play in our lives!
Things to know when submitting a proposal:
- Proposals must include a self-advocate(s) as a lead or co-presenter.
- Panels should be limited to no more than 3 people.
- Conference sessions must support Self-Determination and Self-Directed principles.
- Presentations will be in person and on video this year. Activity and tools must be available on both platforms. Presentations should focus on practical, take-home strategies that people can implement in their work and lives.
- Sessions should not promote specific agencies or products.
- Repeat or similar sessions from previous conferences will not be considered.
- Sessions will be 1.5 hours in length.
- A typical session has an audience of 50-75 attendees.
There are three ways to complete the proposal form and submit it by noon on May 19, 2022 to:
Complete form online by clicking the button below.
Email to Fil Clissa at Fil.Clissa@wisconsin.gov; or
Mail to BPDD – Self-Determination Conference, 101 E. Wilson St., Room 219, Madison, WI 53703