Are you interested in presenting at the 2021 Self-Determination Conference? We are seeking session proposals for Tuesday, October 19 & Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
This year’s theme: Growing Stronger Together will help people with disabilities lead more Self-Determined lives by recognizing the valued role communities play in our lives!
Things to know when submitting a proposal:
- Proposals must include a self-advocate(s) as a lead or co-presenter.
- Panels should be limited to no more than 3 people.
- Conference sessions must support Self-Determination and Self-Directed principles.
- Presentations will be in person and on video this year. Activity and tools must be available on both platforms. Presentations should focus on practical, take-home strategies that people can implement in their work and lives.
- Sessions should not promote specific agencies or products.
- Repeat or similar sessions from previous conferences will not be considered.
- Sessions will be 1.5 hours in length.
- A typical session has an audience of 50-75 attendees.
All proposals are due by 12 p.m. on April 15, 2021.
Please submit your completed proposal form to:
Fil Clissa at Fil.Clissa@wisconsin.gov or mail to BPDD, 101 E. Wilson St., Room 219, Madison, WI 53703