Spark a change in your community with a SPARKS Grant!
What are SPARKS Grants?
The purpose of SPARKS Grants is to organize local grassroots groups to make changes in their communities that result in a positive impact on the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), including individuals with diverse identities and/or individuals that are under-served.
Grassroots community organizing means groups that are led by individuals with disabilities together with their allies, who are working for positive community change for individuals with I/DD on issues that are important to them.
Priority activities for 2019-20 SPARKS Grants are:
- Increasing transportation options for people with I/DD (e.g. plan a ride along with your legislator and/or local elected officials to show transportation challenges, develop a work group with your county transportation board, etc.) Please note that you cannot purchase a vehicle or vouchers to pay for transportation. The project must show that it can be sustained beyond the one year of funding.
- Increasing the number of people with I/DD voting (e.g. Get Out the Vote activities, informational videos, outreach to underserved populations, etc.)
You can download an application by following this link: https://wi-bpdd.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/2019-20-SPARKS-Application.docx
Application materials can be submitted via email, fax, or regular mail.
- To submit via email, email your application materials to email@example.com
- To submit via fax, fax your application materials to (608) 267-3906.
- To submit via regular mail, mail your application materials to:
101 East Wilson St, Rm 219
Madison, WI 53703
Apply by August 30, 2019