Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. Attendees are expected to participate in the full day of activities. Disability Advocacy Day is on March 20th and we wills tart the day at the Monona Terrace located at One John Nolen Dr, Madison 53703
Two ways to register:
- There is small fee to register. $10 per person. NEW
- Order a lunch (optional) $10
- Everyonein attendance MUST Register
- Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
Additional people must complete their own registration form.
- Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
- No on-site registration or walk-ins.
There are several organizations that can assist you in getting to Disability Advocacy Day on March 20th.
Milwaukee area: contact Michelle at Life Navigators: 414-774-6255
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison
Stop by Voting Resource table. Spring Statewide Election April 2
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol, Hamilton Street Entrance (3 blocks away)
1:00- 3:00: Attend Legislative visits
3:00-3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
- Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people with disabilities,
- Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
- Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.
- Coordinate your own transportation (if you need assistance) to the Capitol (3 blocks away)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO March 11, 2019
Mail in registration still needs to be postmarked and paid for by March 8, so we have time to schedule
your legislative visit for you.
Don’t forget your Blue Disability Advocacy Day T-Shirt!