The Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities has announced seven awards statewide to school districts and services providers designed so they can help local businesses hire and support workers with significant disabilities.
The “Partners with Business” initiative was signed into law this spring and is based on a successful, cost-effective strategy from BPDD’s Let’s Get to Work youth employment project that shows businesses how co-workers can provide supports to employees with disabilities on the job.
The grantees are:
- Opportunity Development Centers Inc (WI Rapids)
- VIP Services Inc (Elkhorn)
- Green Valley Enterprises (Beaver Dam)
- School District of Altoona
- Green Bay Area Public Schools
- Inclusa, Inc., (based in Stevens Point)
- EasterSeals of Southeast WI (based in Waukesha)
To learn more about Partners with Business follow the link below to the PwB toolkit on the Let’s Get to Work website: LINK
Read the full press release: HERE