SAVE THE DATE: Employment First Conference – Building Full Lives: Charting a New Course for Service Transformation
May 22, 2018
The Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells
This year’s Employment First conference is shifting gears to provide an intensive, collaborative day of learning and problem solving for service providers, funders, and self-advocates who want to transform services to support people with disabilities to build full lives in their communities that include employment, volunteering, recreational, social and other community activities.
Building Full Lives is a specific set of support strategies that simultaneously teach people with disabilities new skills in their communities, while creating flexible supports that allow people to fully participate in opportunities of their choosing. This day of transformation will include specific how-to’s around:
- Communicating and managing change
- Transforming organizational culture and practices
- Connecting, building community around individuals, and fostering natural supports
- Supporting individuals to set and achieve meaningful goals
- Operating an organization dedicated to helping people live full lives in the community
We will forgo the traditional conference format in exchange for highly interactive opportunities to collectively think about all components of a full life, the skills and supports needed to participate, ways service providers can adapt how they provide supports, and how to bill for supports within Wisconsin’s long-term care programs.
Event Details and Registration
Standard registration- $125 each
Organizations with five or more registrants- $100 each with volume discount
Individuals with Disabilities and family members of individuals with disabilities- $30 each
Registration Deadline is May 14, 2018
- Agenda at a Glance
- Featured speakers to be announced before the end of March
- Conference session details will be available by April 9, 2018
- The Kalahari will have a guest room block available at state rate for Monday May 21st and Tuesday May 22nd
- To reserve one of these rooms ask for the room block “2018 Employment First Conference”
- CEUs/CRCs will also be available
If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Webb at email@example.com or call 608-318-0700.