Continuing On: Strengthening Partnerships for Community Life
May 15, 2019
The Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells
This year’s Employment First conference will provide an intensive, collaborative day of learning and problem solving for service providers, funders, families, and self-advocates who want to transform services to support people with disabilities to build full lives in their communities that include employment, volunteering, recreational, social and other community activities.
Service transformation requires strong communication and collaboration between all stakeholders at all levels. At this year’s conference, we will focus on sharing a variety of perspectives and experiences from these stakeholders and learn from others who have successfully forged through the changes we are undergoing in Wisconsin. Session topics will include:
- Federal and state policy updates
- Communicating and managing change within organizations
- Supporting and engaging families
- Supporting people to set and achieve meaningful goals, including employment
- Educating community members and creating community connections
- Managing a community-based service organization
- Transforming organizational culture and practices
All sessions will be highly interactive so we can collectively think about and move forward with stronger partnerships and new strategies to continue to transform services and support people with disabilities to live full lives in their communities.
Register by May 9th! Register here.
Standard registration- $125 each
Organizations with five or more registrants- $100 each with volume discount
People with Disabilities and family members of people with disabilities- $30 each
Aide to a Person with a Disability- $25 each
- Agenda at a Glance
- Conference Session Descriptions
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Program
- CEUs/CRCs will also be available
- A room block has been reserved at the Kalahari Resort for the night before the conference (May 14th) until April 14th. Please click on the following link: https://book.passkey.com/e/49822153 to make reservations. Or, you may call the Kalahari Resort directly at (877) 253-5466. Please make sure to identify that you are with the Employment First Conference Block. Two room types are available: Single rooms are available for $82 per night and rooms for 2-4 people are $129 per night.
Be an EF Conference Sponsor!
Show your support for Employment First and supporting individuals with disabilities to be involved in their communities by becoming a Wisconsin Employment First Conference Sponsor! Your sponsorship will help bring more engaging and informative speakers to the conference to share their experiences with service transformation, building partnerships, and supporting individuals with disabilities to live, learn, work, and play in their communities. More information and the sponsorship form are available here.
Interested in being a Microvendor?
This is a great opportunity to market your business and sell your products. Tables are available for self-employed business owners with disabilities. More information is available here. Please note: Applications from service providers or other organizations to exhibit at the conference will not be accepted. If you are an organization wishing to exhibit at the conference, please see the EF Conference Sponsor information above.
If you have any questions, please contact Molly Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-266-0266.