The Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is a week-long leadership training and career awareness program for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors with disabilities. It provides training in leadership, self-advocacy skills, and career awareness to approximately 25 students with disabilities from throughout the state of Wisconsin. YLF is a project of the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities.
The Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum is for:
- Students who show leadership potential by being active in their school and community
- Students who have a disability (physical, learning, intellectual, emotional, sensory,)
- Wisconsin residents
- Students who are currently sophomores, juniors or seniors
Why Attend the Youth Leadership Forum?
- To give you a place to meet other students your age who are experiencing similar issues and
- To help you increase your leadership skills so you can further your future goals and reach them.
- To assist you in becoming a leader in your school and
WHERE: Edgewood College, Madison, WI
WHEN: July 19 – 24, 2020
- There is NO CHARGE to attend the General program expenses are paid for by the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (WI-BPDD) and other sponsors.
If I’m interested, what do I do next?
- Complete the application
- Get 3 letters of recommendation that highlight your leadership skills
- Complete two essay questions
Submit your application before Wednesday, April 1, 2020 (April Fool’s Day!).
If you have questions or for more information about YLF contact Jenny at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-266-7707.
To find out more information about YLF go to: http://wi-bpdd.org/index.php/wisconsin-youth-leadership-forum/