The 2017 Wisconsin Self-Determination Conference was focused the efforts of individuals, families, advocates, and service providers to promote self-determination throughout Wisconsin. More than 700 people attended and shared their experiences and expertise. Below you can get a glimpse of the conference sessions, including many of the materials and resources that were shared.
Conference Breakout Sessions:
- The Magic of Perception
- Keeping the Body and Mind Healthy: Dealing with Chronic Health Conditions
- Maintaining the Essence of a Loved One
- Eat Well, Exercise Often, Celebrate Good Health
- Mindful Care and Support
- Get Ready for the Time of Your Life! A Path to Transition
- Didn’t you Get My Message? Effective Communication Strategies
- Recent Developments in Long Term Care Programs
- Body and Soul: Diana and Kathy Story
- Let’s Get to Work!
- Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
- Too Disabled for That!
- Team USA Paralympians
- College Experiences
- Dare to Dream
- The Grown-Ups (En Espanol)
- Healthy Aging with a Disability – Keys to Success!
- Self-Advocacy Skills Equals Big Impact on Transition
- Cross Out the Dis, and Embrace the Ability – Own Who You Are!
- Authentic Relationships through Endurance Athletics
- Grief, Loss and Illness – Identifying your Feelings and How to Cope
- Moving Out: Figuring out how to be Safe, Healthy and Busy in our own Apartment
- Employment Matters: Working Makes a Difference in your Health and Well-Being
- Do you have 5 Minutes? The Mindfulness of Everyday Tasks
- Person-Centered Planning: Developing a Meaningful Service Plan
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Mindfulness, Chocolate and You
- Secure your Family’s Future Quality of Life with Financial and Legal Planning
- Be Prepared, Have a Plan: Emergency Preparedness Toolkit
- Self-Directing your Services and Complex Support Needs: Celebrate! It Can be Done!
- F.O.C.U.S. Finding Unstoppable Success
- Family Networks: Families Doing Together What We Can’t Do Alone
- Take Action! Working Together to Build Coalitions