The Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities, The Arc Wisconsin and Disability Rights Wisconsin are partnering to bring budget trainings about disability issues to as many communities as possible during the months of February and March.
Here’s what you will learn:
- The State Budget process and timelines
- Overview of what’s included in the Governor’s budget
- Information on issues important to people with disabilities including: Family Care, IRIS, special education, children’s long-term supports, transportation, employment, personal care and more…
- Specific information on Medicaid Block Grants and related concerns
- Next steps for the Affordable Care Act and health care coverage for people with disabilities
- Action steps you can take
- Where to find resources, information and support for your advocacy.
Every effort is made to provide accessible training locations.
To request disability related accommodations for a training session, please contact Diana at Disability Rights Wisconsin at 608-267-0214 or email@example.com Place your request as soon as possible, and at least two weeks prior to the training date. We will make every effort to meet your accommodation needs.
This training is appropriate for people with disabilities, family members, advocates and allies.
Missed the training? View and read the Training Materials
The trainings are now completed.