The Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is a week-long leadership training and
career awareness program for high school students with disabilities. It provides
training in leadership, self-advocacy skills, and career awareness to approximately 30
students with disabilities from throughout the state of Wisconsin. YLF is a project of
the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities.
The Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum is for:
- Students who show leadership potential by being active in their school and
- Students who have a disability (physical, learning, cognitive, emotional,
- Wisconsin residents
- Students who are currently sophomores, juniors or seniors
Why Attend the Youth Leadership Forum?
- • To give you a place to meet other students your age who are experiencing
similar issues and concerns,
- • To help you increase your leadership skills so you can further your future
goals and reach them,
- • To assist you in becoming a leader in your school and community.
WHERE: Edgewood College, Madison, WI
WHEN: July 9 – 14, 2017
* There is NO CHARGE to attend the YLF. General program expenses are paid for by
If I’m interested, what do I do next?
- • Complete the application
- • Get 3 letters of recommendation that highlight your leadership skills
- • Complete two essay questions (included in the application packet)